After 25 years of writing for computer science firms, a dive trip to Australia’s Great Barrier Reef resulted in an epiphany: “Marine biology will be my new direction”.
Now that my scholastic challenges have been met, I am eager to apply my knowledge, skills and experience toward:
- Increasing aquaculture productivity
- Building capacity to restore and enhance marine ecosystems
- Informing policy
- Increasing socio-economic and cultural benefits
- Developing hands-on education programmes
- Implementing marine stewardship programmes through citizen-based science activities, and
- Effectively communicating science and its relevance to multiple audiences.
Let’s work together for a stronger, healthier marine environment.